THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunt mountian sheep this year ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunt mountian sheep this year ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I haven't heard of many people taking big rams this year. In the Yukon I heard of only one outfitter getting one ram in the high 160"s. I saw a few rams this year and took one. but saw nothing jaw dropping for size. Anyone have any stories to share about sheep hunting last fall.

Posts: 48 | Location: Yukon | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blackstone

This was the first year since 1991 that I did not buy a sheep tag. Since I live in BC, I go sheep hunting every chance I get. But this year do too the fire in town (Kelowna), I worked all fall doing assessments in the fire zone.

A couple of friends were drawn for tags in the Tatenshenie (sp) area. They were sucessfull with two Dall rams, one went 40 inches on both horns and scored in the mid 160's. The other went 154 and change. Two awesome sheep in an area that very few come out of. Those were my only friends that got sheep this year.

How about yourself, how big was your ram? Did you see many and do you have too travel far to hunt sheep?

Talk too you soon.

Alex

Posts: 26 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blackstone, I hunted Dall's in the AK Wrangells this past fall, my first, but definitely not last, sheep hunt; didn't get my sheep for a variety of reasons, but took a good moose and had a spectacular time. After sheep hunting in AK or Canada I suppose, hunting down here in the states is like kissing your sister....
Literally not a day goes by that I don't think about last fall's hunt and look forward to the next one, my wife thinks I'm obsessed, she's probably right...

Craig

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
forgot to add in my first reply, there were 8 other hunters in camp with me last fall, they all got sheep between 34" and 39"

Craig

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote