THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Sightron scopes? Any experience with them?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sightron scopes? Any experience with them?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of redial
posted
Just curious. The prices look appealing and I need a compact varmint scope (4 - 12 or so) for a peculiar rifle.

Anybody have one?

Thanks

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
redial, I own 4 Sightron scopes. Two are 4-12's and two are 6-24's. I've been very pleased with the performance of all four so far. One of the 6-24's has been on my 300WM for two years and has close to 1500 rounds on it with no problems at all.
I also have quiet a few Leupolds and if I could only have one brand I would have a hard time picking between the two.
HTH

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3-12X42 MilDOT and love it! Wish it could accept a sunshade and had target turrets on it, but I still love it!

I think their warranty is better than Leupold and the others too. They don't fix scopes that break, they replace them! Can't beat that!

Posts: 119 | Location: Ohio - USA | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3-9X40 and it is a very nice scope. While there is nothing at all wrong with Sightron, I like Burris more. I can see a definite difference in clarity between my Sightron SI and my Burris Fullfield II, favoring Burris. I also much prefer Burris' eyepece focusing system (same as Khales/Swarovski/S&B).

Next scope I buy will be a Burris.

[ 11-15-2002, 21:20: Message edited by: ksduckhunter ]

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas

I was happy to hear the comparisons between Sightrons my two favorite brands - gives me a known value to work with.

To explain : I have a .22-250 that requires a scope whose objective bell is quite small (long story), so finding varmint-level magnification in a small, CLEAR scope can be quite a tall order. Especially if you're fiscally challenged ...

I love this board!

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
 -

Burris Fullfield II 4.5X-14X-42mm
A great big game and varmint dual purpose scope.

Look around Ebay.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote