Find
Notify
Tools

MT Elk Permit Drawing Results In
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted
The 2013 MT Elk Permit results are in and after 9 years I finally have another Breaks permit!

Happy Days!!

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me or my wife... 10 years and counting...

Posts: 548 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Congrats, hunt99.

Nothing here

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjbull:
Congrats, hunt99.

Nothing here

I appreciate it although after hearing about others waiting for 10 yrs I wonder whether the preference point changes have helped. Does anyone have a good understanding of the new system? I have 11 points on Mtn. Goat and am wondering if that will ever come in??

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats hunt99....I was lucky enough to draw a Breaks permit a few years back. Not this year....looks like I'll be scrambling to find some bulls somewhere in the mountains come fall with my general combo.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Yippee! I drew an archery elk bull permit for Area 704.
My buddy & I drew it last year as well & were in the middle of big bugling
bulls frequently. Unfortunately, never got a good shot opportunity.
Hopefully, this year!

Posts: 520 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Preference points do help kind of. For each point you get an extra chance in the drawing. Now with that said if every one in the drawing has the same preference points the odd of drawing remain the same for everyone. The only time it helps is if some people in the draw have less points. The thoughts are that was people draw permits and loose their points those people that did not draw will have more points and thus a higher chance of drawing. To show you how bad the odds are I have been applying for sheep for 40 years and have still not gotten a permit. Even with point my odds of getting one permit in my lifetime is about 1 in 2. Moose and goats are about the same so it still comes down to having a bunch of luck to draw one of those.

Posts: 548 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife didn't get drawn for a Breaks elk tag, but I won the PA state Mule Deer Foundation raffle and she did get her deer tag. She is psyched! Her mom grew up on a ranch near Wolf Point

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
There are more Wolves than Elk there now?

Posts: 2330 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
There are more Wolves than Elk there now?

Not in the Breaks thank god!!!