Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming draw results are posted
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Our party of 5 drew buck antelope tags in area 47 for the early season that starts on Sept 25th.

No doe tags this year though.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12580 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
I'm really bummed. Didn't draw a tag in unit 42. Not even the scam of paying double for it helped.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ugh- third year of applying antelope tags in WY and I still haven't drawn one, yet! I'll keep trying, but I think I'll forgo applying for the "special" tags in the future!

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
unit 38 antelope tags for my pops and i.

can i use a bow or rifle during the rifle season? or am i restricted to rifle only?

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooperjd:
unit 38 antelope tags for my pops and i.

can i use a bow or rifle during the rifle season? or am i restricted to rifle only?

You can use anything that you like.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12580 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our group drew deer tags for region one. Our annual old geezer deer hunt/ camping trip is on for sure. Always big fun!

Posts: 502 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my buddy and I didn't draw deer tags so we are looking for a do it yourself hunt somewhere for something.

Posts: 560 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me, unit was 100% draw in the past, now around 50% draw.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Our party of 5 drew buck antelope tags in area 47 for the early season that starts on Sept 25th.

Frank;

I'll be looking forward to your hunt report!!!

Do you camp or ??????

I love antelope!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:

Frank;

Do you camp or ??????

I love antelope!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

LOL, Thanks Darin

I have a good friend who lets us hunt and camp on his cattle ranch. My brother and a couple of good friends have been hunting there for about 10 years.

Too bad you don't live between Wyoming and Southern California, I'd drop some off on the way back. Smiler

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:

Frank;

Do you camp or ??????

I love antelope!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

LOL, Thanks Darin

I have a good friend who lets us hunt and camp on his cattle ranch. My brother and a couple of good friends have been hunting there for about 10 years.

Too bad you don't live between Wyoming and Southern California, I'd drop some off on the way back. Smiler

I'll come and get it!!!! I live in Bakersfield!

Have a great hunt! If I weren't going to Zambia I'd be going to Wyoming! That is where my heart lives!

Your hunt sounds perfect!!!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

posted Hide Post
cooperJD,

You can use a bow during rifle season but you do still have to wear the florescent orange. Unless the regs have changed WY allows orange camo to count for the requirement.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrat's to all that drew!

Pretty sad that I have not applied in about 6-7 years and the Wyoming border is 10 minutes from my house.

I have max points for deer and elk; and I believe 6 or 7 points for antelope. I am going to start applying next year!!

Posts: 2646 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I drew late season buck and doe tags in the same area.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A woman I work with drew unit 38 moose, she has been putting in for 21 years.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

We're going to be way down at the very south end of the area near Medicine Bow. We'll try to leave at least one buck for you.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

We're going to be way down at the very south end of the area near Medicine Bow. We'll try to leave at least one buck for you.

I usually split time between the south end and the basin. Sometimes the basin just has too many hunters. Good luck on your hunt!

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
My hunting partner is on oxygen (Dad), and turned in his bison tag for the refuge. I didn't even apply, as I had no chance for the area he wanted to hunt.

I am going to buy points.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My buddies and I drew 113-1 for antelope and region c for deer. Can't wait to head out for 8 days of hunting.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I received my tag in the mail today.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to draw an elk and mule deer tag. Can't wait to head to Wyoming.

Posts: 70 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 19 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anotherkiwi:
I was lucky enough to draw an elk and mule deer tag. Can't wait to head to Wyoming.

Good for you! Are you a Kiwi living in the US now?

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I think I am still going in October even if not to hunt. I might go shoot a couple sage grouse, and take the kids to Jellystone beyond visiting my parents in Cheyenne.

Depends on if the wife and baby are up to it or not. The big kids want to go, so who knows.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If he's the Kiwi I think he is, he lives across the big pond and was also in Wyoming last year for a hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks Frank.
Topgun is right, I'm a kiwi but live in New Zealand. Bit of travel to get to WY but all part of the adventure.

Posts: 70 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 19 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks Frank.
Topgun is right, I'm a kiwi but live in New Zealand. Bit of travel to get to WY but all part of the adventure.

Good for you. I'm a Yank that travels to New Zealand all the time. I know a lot of shooters/hunters around Auckland.

Frank