New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Fall/Winter forecast
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone hear what the predictions for the weather will be? Last year they predicted wet/cold for the south and were spot on.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
The rumor is cooler with above average rainfall for our neck of the woods.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
The rumor is cooler with above average rainfall for our neck of the woods.

Ditto for much of Montana...we're already cooler (today we were 55 degrees with dizzle...feels like late October)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this morning said warmer wetter for the south east and colder for the northwest

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
snow on the mountains this morning in wyoming!!
not the first of the season,had some aug 14th.
whats the farmers almanac say?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Anyone hear what the predictions for the weather will be? Last year they predicted wet/cold for the south and were spot on.

Perry

I put zero stakes in any weather forecast more than 3 days out. As often as they are wrong on Monday as to the upcoming weekend's weather.........don't try to tell me about January or February in August.

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
It's the dreaded global warming. Wink

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It really doesn't matter what the weather is or what the prediction is if there aren't any deer because the habitat is gone....

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
111* in the shade at the ranch yesterday. That's not global warming that's just plain hot...South Tx hot!

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
last week I was in san antone and it got way down to 97,,,I thought it was gonna snow!!!!Got back here to central Louisiana.........same thing!!!!!!!!!it's down at 92 now and I am about to fire up the wood burner,It wasn't this cold this early last year,,and it snowed here THREE times!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
Well, the acorns are dropping heavy this year, so the old timers say a lot of snow.

They seem to be more accurate lately than the weather man.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
We are down into the 40s in the mornings here; had the first fire in the fireplace two nights ago. It's cool for mid-September in southern Oregon. I think the prediction is for a wet fall and winter.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost had a frost the last two nights.I am hearing predictions of a warmer than normal Fall with lots of rain.In fact its raining now.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote