New
Find
Notify
Tools

argentina deer hunt results
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After a lot of thinking about the adequate bullets to take in my 7 rm ( 160�triple shock, accubond, or partition) I finally wnt off with the partitions. I had not tested the accubonds or triple shocks enough.

After hours of plane, car and horse, arrive on camp and took a sighting shot-

During the six day hunt, I only took two other shots, that dropped two bucks at 380 yds. and 275 yds., the first one in really strong wind.

IN all fairness, I must say they did not drop instantaneously, but ran about 50-70 yds. MAybe a plastic point would have given me a quicker kil, but I would have never got the first one ( the longest shot) since the bull was moving uphill and the shot entered around the back leg and - great partition- made it to the heart.

The bulls in the area were really big- not the size of an elk, but well over 350 lbs.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Alg: In my view the Partition is the standard by which all others are measured. It's like two bullets in one. Obviously they performed well for you and for animals of that size I can almost gusrantee that had you used a Ballistic Tip or other similar bullet, that animal that you shot through the rear leg would have never dropped like that! jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote