THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If were to spend $3500-$4500 on a hunt this year where would you go

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If were to spend $3500-$4500 on a hunt this year where would you go
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have not decided on what to hunt this year where would you go to hunt.I like Mule deer.
Being an easterner I am the odd man out I am not
a Whitetail hunter .I like hunting Coues Deer
I think it is like mule deer , no sitting you have to find them and stalk to harvist the animal.

Posts: 1457 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about mt. lion, antelope or spot and stalk bear hunting?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
A Moose hunt would be my choice.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where you going to go on a moose hunt for that kind of money and not have to draw a tag? OK, I guess you could go to Newfoundland but when I think of moose the Rock aint the first place that comes to mind.

one of us
posted Hide Post
For that money you could book a great audad hunt in the Davis Mtns or Palo Duro Canyon and combine it with a hunt for big hogs. Here in texas of course! Unless you are extremely lucky you will earn your audad. capt david troll

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Hunt high country mule deer. A couple of outfitters to check out, in no particular order, are: http://www.starvalleywy.com/deadman.htm
http://www.barlowoutfitting.com/mule_deer.htm
http://www.tlazytoutfitters.com/index.htm
http://www.non-typical-outfitters.com/HMuleDeer.html

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark65x55:
Where you going to go on a moose hunt for that kind of money and not have to draw a tag? OK, I guess you could go to Newfoundland but when I think of moose the Rock aint the first place that comes to mind.

Well thats were I was thinking. He did say $3500 to $4500.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
How about black bear?

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Africa!!! You could have a nice 7 days plains game hunt with 4-5 animals. All you need would be money for airfare.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I will be spending that much for a deer hunt in my home state. Commercial airline then fly out, a week off work ,taking the loving wife on her first hunt, a week for the babysitter. I would be lucky for it to only be 3500-4500.

Should be fun though. Thats what counts.

If I were you I'd go after that mulie.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I couldn't go to New Zealand to hunt, or Scandanavia to hunt in Sweden, Norway or Finland....

My pick would be Labrador or Newfoundland! To hunt cariboo.....

Next would be Alberta or Saskatchewan for whitetail deer....

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give Kirk Kelso (PUSCH RIDGE OUTFITTERS) a call, and get a monster Coues deer.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I would hunt in Alberta and try and take both a mule deer and a whitetail. You could do this for about $4500 plus airfare.

2nd Choice would be a hunt with someone was an outfitter in two states and had private land whitetail and mule deer in Wyoming and Montana and South Dakota.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:

Seconded

Lee

Posts: 188 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
Africa!!! You could have a nice 7 days plains game hunt with 4-5 animals. All you need would be money for airfare.

Then you can forget bringing back your trophy's, shipping and dipping would cost you an arm and a leg to get back. There is a lot of costs an African trip does not show when they advertise there hunts.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk1:
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:

Then you can forget bringing back your trophy's, shipping and dipping would cost you an arm and a leg to get back. There is a lot of costs an African trip does not show when they advertise there hunts.

Indeed, but those are extras on every hunt. Go, shoot stuff, take good pictures, and come home. If you really want to get trohies shipped home, plan it right so they show up about tax refund time...

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
If you would like to try a combo hunt for Mulie and WT in either archery or rifle, check out this outfitter in Alberta:

www.birchcreekhunts.com

Best way for the archery hunt for Mulies is spot and stalk. Hunters are having great opportunity at 180+ Boone & Crocket bucks, and opportunity at 190 to 200+ class mulies also.

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
DesertRam, he was talking about $3500 to $4500. I can go to Canada and bring back a moose hide and horns with me. You can't do that with animals from Africa. They have to come in via an importer, which will cost you on top of shipping and dipping. I have a buddy that came back from Africa and would not tell me at first how much his charges were, he just kept telling my he went for less than $10,000. Then the truth came out and he paid about $15,000 after all was said and done, then comes the taxidermist bill. Eeker

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Argentina to hunt water buffalo,doves and throw in a puma or some hogs. That includes enough $ for the air to get there too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark65x55:

A friend of mine and 4 other guys went to Alaska on an unguided hunt and all 5 got a nice moose for a total of $2500 each. It can be done without a lot of money but I personally would rather have a very experienced guide which of course does cost 8 to 10 K.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only been on one guided hunt. That to Montana for a Mule Deer /Antelope combo with Flatwillow Creek Outfitters in 2001
http://www.huntinfo.com/fwc/

They are great folks. I really enjoyed it. Saw lots of game. Spot and Stalk. I highly recommend them.

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
For that price range you could go on a high percentage guided Elk hunt in Arizona or Colorado. Mulies wouldn't be hard to find in that price range either.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
British Columbia.

That price range would get you a moose, mule deer, and mountain caribou.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LeeC:
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:

Seconded

Lee

Yes!! Go for the "Gray Ghost" of the desert!!

(Coues, It's an addiction!)

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. Garrett:
British Columbia.

That price range would get you a moose, mule deer, and mountain caribou.

Garrett

WHERE??? Not saying your wrong but I spent some thime looking at BC moose hunts, not including deer or caribou, and the cheapest one I found was a 2:1 hunt for about 5k. Most of the combo moose, mt caribou hunts I looked at started at 7.5k Eeker

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would go for coues deer as well just because I haven't done that yet. I may do that myself this year.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dwight,
Who did your friends hunt with in AK to get a moose for $2500? I would be really interested in that hunt...

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
For $4500 I could have multiple hunts on public lands in the West to do it myself as I've always done.

Over the counter tag for blacktails in CA and OR, with black bear tags as well. With a sweep through Eastern OR into ID and down to NV for upland birds and over to Northeast CA for geese.

And still have enough left over for an antlerless elk herd reduction hunt tag and trespass fee in WY, CO or ID and more bird hunting.

With a gambling/lap dance stop in Reno. Big Grin