New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Albino doe in PA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I go by those deer quite alot in my travels. You are right they are not albino. Sure are different though.>John

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a picture on my wall of a very alive Albino buck from Northern PA. We had watch this buck and his albino sister all summer long as they were right next to where we woodchuck hunt. The doe albino disappeared sometime in late Sept. (possibly poachers) and we never saw or heard of the buck after hunting season. Cool deer to watch though with the pink eyes and nose.>John

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a call from my father last night. He was travelling down I-79, near Zelienople, PA (north of Pittsburgh). On the side of the road was a full albino doe, dead (roadkill). He stopped to check her out. He said she was full albino, with totally white hair, pink eyes, and milky clear hooves. Unfortunately, she was already starting to bloat, or he would've picked her up, as he was actually heading to an afternoon with some taxidermist buddies. It would've been great if they could've skinned her & gotten the hide to the Game Commission in time. As it was, he only took a few pictures.

I know there are some members here from western PA. If anybody happened to know about this deer, or was watching her, sorry.