Find
Notify
Tools

Not a Raccoon
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
My buddy had some guys at the hunting lease. One guy was bowhunting and took two pigs with one arrow. He walked out to the gate at dark to wait for pick-up. He realized he forgot something in the blind, so he went back to fetch it.

Along the way, we decides to look for some raccoons to shoot with his blowgun. So he's shining his light looking for eyes. He finds one in a tree and goes in for the kill. He takes the light off of it, walks to the tree, gets ready, shines the light and cougar! Cat jumps down and runs off.

I called a cougar in a month ago in the same area (couldn't get a shot). And last May some guys shot a pig at the same blind and when he went to get it at dark a cougar was on it and ran off.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just being nosy, but what part of Texas did this take place in?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have called in Lion country for years and in all those years only called in one Lion, and he didn't come in close but was just watching us at about 200 yards, I could see his eyes and ever so slight glimmer of his front end..They are very aware..I did trap him in the same area some time later, I guess it was the same one, who knows...My ranch bordered the Big Bend National Park, and we had lots of Lions to deal with..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Just being nosy, but what part of Texas did this take place in?

Edwards County.

We've taken pics of a cat in the same area 7 years ago and killed it a few weeks later.

Saw one a few months ago behind our hunting cabin in the brush.

We see them quite often. Enough that I think they are pressuring the deer population. We have found 3 cat kills over the years.

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I can see them being there. There are more lions in Texas than a lot of folks think.

We have had quite a few confirmed sightings up here in Archer and Yoiung counties.

I would love to see one.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not Texas, but cougar numbers have expanded exponentially here as well, showing up in places they have never been seen before. Good and bad to that.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
should have know better - cats eyes glow green at night coons (and dogs) glow red

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
should have know better - cats eyes glow green at night coons (and dogs) glow red

That's right.

If it was me, I would have had my pistol out and shot it.