THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Sellier&Bellot SPCE Performance Report

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sellier&Bellot SPCE Performance Report
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted
Back from a fairly successful hunt his weekend. I used the SPCE bullets, 173 gr. in 7x57, for the first time and remembered that several people had asked about them. I had taken a customer to a ranch and the owner wanted spikes and a cull Japanese Sika deer taken.

The spike didn't show much, 60 yds facing away and downhill. The SPCE went in the lower left ribs and exited throught the right shoulder, deer down. The Sika was an old (5 1/2-6 years) heavy bodied deer, shot broadside at 165 yds. Bullet went through both shoulders, Sika took one big jump and went down. He had a small rack of 16 1/2" length which was why he needed to go.

This rifle has a Douglas 24" barrel and tends to shoot this load into 1" or so at 100 yds.So now you know they work.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used that loading to break in my rifle and get brass. It shot ok but I only shaot a couple of feral hogs with them before I shot em all up. I did get pretty good expansion and penetration though my rifle shot them into an inch and a half most of the time.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote