Find
Notify
Tools

Other places for Desert Sheep
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I've been applying for a Desert Sheep tag in my resident state of Colorado ever since I killed my Rocky Mountain Bighorn in 1996. Colorado only gives out 3 Desert tags a year so I'm probably waiting in vain. Sure I'd love to go to Mexico and get a Desert but my money doesn't run that deep so that leaves me the alternative of applying in other states. I see that Utah takes some nice ones and one or two good ones in Nevada and Arizona, what else can I do?
Anybody have a line on some good raffle tickets?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
If your not going to fork out $30K-$60K for a tag in Mexico or Texas then you just have to play the slim draw odds in CO, UT, NV, AZ and even CA. The odds suck but if yoU put in for every state every year you will eventually draw a tag. I have a number of friends that have drawn good tags over the years, somebody hass to draw them. Good luck and when you do draw take full advantage and hire a good guide that knows the area, it will be money well spent.

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Mexico has a raffle tag. I think that Arizona has a raffle tag. Check the fish and game websites they will generally list what tags they auctioning or raffling. I am also sending you a pm.

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several raffles and auctions for all of AZ big game this is one such deal.

http://www.arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com/Home/home.html

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote