THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    This is it, tonight pack tomorrow utah!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is it, tonight pack tomorrow utah!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well guys this is it! my final few things and loading of the car. My big worry was that my 308 Norma, which originally was going to be my primary rifle, had a bought of stupid owner syndrome (gun was working awesome, I played with the scope to straighten the crosshairs, and couldn't get it back on target again).

I ducked out of work early today, drove 45 minutes to my gun club and here are the results!

The main cluster, which measures about 2.5" at the widest, is 4 separate three shot groups (all from bench), the three shots lower were me aiming at the top of the bottom post rather than bullseye. the top two almost touching are the factory A-Frame loaded, shooting 4" high at 100, giving 300yd zero Smiler the flyer off to the top right was me just throwing one offhand before leaving the range.

One hour well spent, both the rifles i'm taking are ready, almost everything packed. wish me luck!!!

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
So Red,
I've been watching the hunt reports and this forum and haven't seen anything.
What happened?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just-a-hunter:
What are you hunting and where?

What Todd said.. popcorn

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote