THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What do you think of the TC Encore Rifles?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of the TC Encore Rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Personally, I prefer the T/C ICON in Weathershield model. It's got a synthetic stock and stainless barrel and action, and the target from the factory was .72" at 100 yards. Using my handholds, I get under .50" consistently. I like the idea of a quick followup shot, if needed.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1385 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Encores are offered with Weathershield this year too...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate them and will never buy one, Unless they pay me to.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woodsie:
I am hunting with Jim Shockeys outfit for a Desert Mule deer hunt, and I think
it would be cool to use the gun they use. Call me a dork,...

OK, you're a DORK. Or, at least a dork-sounding 15 year old.

Perhaps it's my contrary nature, but I steer clear of those things being touted by paid personalities. Jim 'it's a BONGO' Shockey included. I wouldn't have a T/C. Boddington pushes Rooger. I have none of them either.

It must stem from hero worship. I have no heros, never did.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Encore with the 280 Ackley barrel is one of my most accurate rifles I have. I have shot a quarter inch group with it more than once but have stayed under half an inch with the load I have worked up. The only disadvantage I see with the Encore is that you have to break open the action and therefore can not stay on target thus causing a little longer for a follow up shot if one is needed. With that said my friend used to take his Contender in .223 bunny hunting and could most always get a follow up shot if he missed.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my first T/C Pro Hunter as a muzzleloader. I now have 2 Pro Hunters with many barrels. They are VERY accurate guns. I am never worried about hunting with a single shot because I know the gun is accurate. With nearly 2 decades of hunting Alaska, I can tell you I have no need for a pretty gun, just one that shoots when I pull the trigger and hits where I aim. Bonus - they work for us lefties too!

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote