Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an Elk hunt.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
To All;

A friend of mines wife is looking for an Elk hunt for her husband. It is to be a Christmas surprize. She was the one surprized when I told her the estimated cost of such a hunt.

My request is this.............
does anyone have any recommendations for a budget minded , free range Elk hunt? Don't ask how much she wants to spend, just tell me the estimated cost and the outfitters / rancher information. Feel free to contact me in person with your details.

I,(and Julie) appreciate your time and candor.

Cheers,

Sam Clemmons
(828) 757-5594 (W)
eclemmons@hotmail.com

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your friend can get a cow elk tag for one of the late season hunts in northwest Colorado for $250 as a non-resident. Huge elk herds in that part of the state and almost all the land is public. Deadline for the drawing is early April.
Or they can get a bull elk tag over the counter for $450. Not many of the bulls will be huge, but there are good numbers in that part of the state. Total free range and fair chase. Success rates are really high in that part of Colorado.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have some nice options in Wyoming and Idaho. No draw for Idaho so probably one of the easiest places to get a bull elk tag.

~Ann

Posts: 19240 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote