Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Hawaii?
 Login/Join

<SkiBumplus3>
posted
Guys,

I will be on the big island in early January for a week. Any help with hunting anything would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ski+3

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with Mike Smith on the board. I believe he hunted there a short while ago.

BTW- Mike can usually be found on the Africa board
Doug

[ 10-10-2003, 19:29: Message edited by: dwhunter ]

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted Hide Post
This is a start

Parker

Posts: 1115 | Location: SE PA | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
My wife and I hunted on the big island a few years ago with Eugene Yap of South Point Safaris. He is one of the best in the world, and you will have a superior time. Gene's contact information is as follows:

Phone 808 322 3201

address: POB 844
Kealakekua Hawaii

[ 10-10-2003, 19:49: Message edited by: 308Sako ]

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
In June Mike Smith and I hunted off on Kauaii on the private island of Niihau. Shot feral sheep and pigs. PM either of us if you want info.

We had a good day of fishing off Oahu with the charter boat "Magic". Caught several yellowfin tuna 110-167 pounds. Mike caught a blue marlin that I think went 265 pounds.

Also did some tourist things...been there, done that. I'll go back for the fishing or shooting, but had my share of the tourist stuff.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
P.M.

<SkiBumplus3>
posted
Thanks guys. I sent an email to the Parker ranch and I left a message for Eugene. Matt, thanks for the tips but I prefer to stay on the big island. Okie John, I don't know what PM means.

Ski+3

one of us
posted Hide Post
It means you should check your private messages. Okie John.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking of taking a hunting trip to Hawaii. I understand they have their own type of feral cattle called Vancouver bulls. Has anyone here ever hunted them or even seen one? Are they just plain cows that have gone wild, or are they something special. Anyone know what they look like, and are they a challenge?

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

<SkiBumplus3>
posted
I spoke with Eugene Yap and just received his brochure. He appears to be a stand up guy.

$1750 to shoot a Black Hawaiian sheep. 2 day hunt. $1500 to hunt birds for 2 days.

I'll save my money for Africa next spring. It's much less expensive.

Ski+3