Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Goat
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted
I got to spend three days hunting antelope south of Broadus, MT at the last few days of October. The antelope numbers definitely seem down and they spookier than I've ever seen them. They're building a pipeline through the ranch I hunt, which probably has something to do with that.

I got this guy on the second day. After crawling on my belly for 300 yards through the prickly pears, I came to a woven fence that I couldn't get through without spooking them off. The shot was 448 yards. I hit him a few inches low, but it did the trick.

We saw a lot more mule deer than years past including some nice bucks. Quite a few whitetail does and young bucks down in the river bottoms, but the rut wasn't going so the big bucks weren't coming out during the day. We did see one bruiser across from our cabin in the headights of the truck though.

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Nice goat. Broadus is good country.

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Nice Loper, talentrec. We also hunted Lopes SE of Broadus this year, and they were building that pipeline through the ranch that we hunted.

They had 3 Greyhound size buses that they were busing the crew back and forth to Miles City every day.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Nice goat. That area around Broadus is fun hunting...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote