Find
Notify
Tools

Sucks to be low on the food chain
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted
This may have all really been posted here.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1881 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Thats an AWESOME pic! Thanks for posting it

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
I didn't see the eagle catch the coyote, but I did see it eating a fresh kill in Wyoming this year. I never would have thought they would catch and kill one. Cool photo.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that has to be one of the neatest pictures i've ever seen thumb

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I have seen that PIC before, it must have been taken in Yellowstone, but it is still awesome. Golden eagles kill antelope all the time out here, they just keep hitting them till they are so weak they can't run any more.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys the picture has been discussed here. It is a fake. Cool
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID21/1893.html

Posts: 141 | Location: Upstate, New York | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
He may be low on the food chain, but he is moving up fast.. Big Grin

Fake as the pic may be, Ive seen some Golden Eagles that were freaking huge! Fascinating birds.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
How about this.

The guy with the bird on his head guided me to my antelope last year.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
That's a red fox, not a coyote. And I've had foxes and bobcats killed and partially eaten in traps by golden iggles.

Speaking of position on the food chain,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday James,

Thats not a haast Eagle is it. They used to carry away the locals here until hori learned to have haast omlettes.

I will give you a yell in a week or so as I'm heading over to the coast on monday for seven days. I will be talking to Leigh about the feral cattle problem there and will let you know about the outcome and our prefered solution.

Whats the use of being at the top of the food chain and not exercising your options.,

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote