THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Yahoo Posts Positive Report On Hunters

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yahoo Posts Positive Report On Hunters
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
Check it out.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20071011/ts_csm/ahunters

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see that but I'm not sure how I feel about the program. Ms Dove got 5# of meat, how long does that last? If Ms Dove or her kids took up hunting, they could get their own meat and a lot more than 5#. Sounds like a bunch of people to lazy to go fet their own and butcher it waiting on a gimme line. What's the diffenerce between that and welfare? Understanding of course,that there are some cases where a hand up is a good thing.

hunters like the program because they get to hunt more and shoot more animals without wasting it. Well if they are going to waste it in the first place, why do they shoot it?

I know of a guy from Kansas City that claims to shoot a lot of game animals every year but gives it all away, claims he doesn't like it. He is also one that if one of those poor people went out and poached a deer for food, that would scream "poacher". They are killing my deer!

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
You expect a 65 plus year old lady that's never been out of the city, probably doesn't own a car, to go out and drag a deer out of the woods? I a state with virtually no public land?

That's rich. JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch:
You expect a 65 plus year old lady that's never been out of the city, probably doesn't own a car, to go out and drag a deer out of the woods?

No

We expect her to quarter it before so that she doesnt have to drag it Big Grin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Finally an article that says something positive about hunting and hunters and their civic mindedness. It was refreshing.

I think Don missed the points of the program...reduce overpopulations of deer and allow more legel hunting as a means to that end, while helping someone that may need it. None of that is bad. I would much rather provide meals for someone in need through this method than having the money stolen from me by the government. Heck, Don got his, why share?

Dutch is most probably correct, Ms. Dove is on Social Security meaning she is either over 65 or disabled, or both. I would rather see her get fed along with a million others, than see the deer overpopulate and die from disease and have her hungry when the resource is there for the taking. I always provide deer to the food pantry when I can.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote