New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Stag
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone here hunt Red Stag in Scotland? I have been thinking about this for a couple of years, and would like to hear rom anyone that has been there. Thanks.

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Great country, breathtaking scenery, lots (I mean lots...) of deer. Long distance shooting after very physical stalking ; I love it and went 5-6 years in a row in Blair Atholl estate. Oh yes, the weather is absolutely unpredictable and you can expect sun, rain, snow, fog, etc., all during the same day (I was told it compares best to Alaskan conditions).

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Exceptional value compared with other big game hunting.

�300-400 for a stag all-in.
Good whiskey. Also roe bucks, pheasants, grouse, salmon, ptarmigan, mountain hare...

------------------
Regards

Richard

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Sika>
posted
What would a hunt for 1 red deer and 1 rod buck cost in American dollars, all included?

[This message has been edited by Sika (edited 03-15-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
375, Sika and anyone else that's interested,

I have a friend that can line you up with some mighty fine red and roe (or other deer/bird) stalking at extremely reasonable prices. Email me off-line and I can forward you his contact info. I have no financial interest here, just passing along some info. He is a top notch guy and will do everything in his power to meet your needs.

Be forewarned with the foot-in-mouth spread last year, the US customs folks can be a bit edgy about bringing any ungulate material into the US from the UK or the EU.

K

[This message has been edited by Kernel (edited 03-15-2002).]

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote