THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What is the most dangerous game to hunt?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the most dangerous game to hunt?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the most dangerous game to hunt and where?

Let�s eliminate hunting humans. I know they are very dangerous, but um no. I don�t think they should be hunted for sport.

<Savage 99>
posted
I would think polar bears when you consider the territory.

one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
More people probably die hunting deer each year than anything else. Therefor deer would be the most dangerous game!

[ 10-25-2003, 06:40: Message edited by: Pumpkinheaver ]

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'VE HUNTED humans for almost 30 years ...and it was never for sport.
AND
They definitely are the most dangerous game.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pumpkinheaver, on one hand I agree with you, but more people hunt deer so, I think not.

Statistical averages and all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear ddunn,

I have hunted Lion, Buffalo and other game considered as dangerous without an incident. Some dangerous game hunts end with the same excitement, or lack of it, than a Guinea Fowl hunt.

There have been instances in Africa where a small antilope like the Bushbuck were responsible for a hunter's death. The animal responsible for the most human death in Africa is the Hippo.

I would say that the most dangerous animal to hunt is the one you know the least on the hunt that are the least prepared for.

Rule number one: Know your quarry and don't take any chances.

Regards,

Wilhelm Greeff

Posts: 80 | Location: Centurion, South Africa | Registered: 20 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Women!
They don't want you dead they want your soul.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And Arkeypete gets the prize! - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Buffalo if considering game only...
But I Totally agree with Zingelani when the human factor starts to subjetivise any consideration !

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
I think we should look beyond the game you'll be shooting at. How about environmental considerations? Some less-lethal game might be found only in very lethal country. You might, for example, be on a control hunt in Australia. The game may not be mean, excepting the feral cattle I've heard of, but you'll be surrounded by the world's most venomous snakes and spiders. For that reason I'd say whatever game lives in the most dangerous conditions deserves a vote.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd say the most dangerious game to hunt would be "another woman" and doing it close to home (and the wife) would increase the danger greatly.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the rest of the world but in North America I would have to go with the Polar Bear. We had two of them stalk us when I was on my Polar Bear hunt. Any animal that wants you for dinner has my vote. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey, what about marco polo sheep.

many guys get killed each year pursueing them. less guys hunt them, but of the guys that do a lot don't come back.

heartattacks, high altitude edema, slip and fall at high altitude, freeze to death, etc. m.h.o.

cold zero [Wink]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a Brown Bear, alone, in the Alder thickets? [Eek!] On a Salmon stream. With a fishing Pole? [Big Grin]

[ 10-26-2003, 05:17: Message edited by: Mickey1 ]

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
My vote is African lion, as I've explained elsewhere.

My Lion Hunt

Posts: 13478 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
definitely women !!!!!! the most dangerous game ,that god almighty ever put on the earth,id rather get hooked by a buffalo or tusked and pulled to bits by an elephant, than die by my own hand, because of one of these things eeeeerrrrrrrrrr why would you want one??????!!!!!!!

Posts: 148 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
How about sharks with a speargun? They like eatinig people too and talk about a difficult environment.. [Eek!]

Posts: 10159 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
First off, any animal that is big enough to enjure you is dangerous, if you screw up!

The conditions under which you hunt any animal can make him more, or less dangerous! For instance, a Cape Buffalo,Elephant, or Lion is simply NOT dangerous when shot from 150 yds in the open! BUTTTTTtttt, place anyone of those in the thick thorn, where you have to get within kissing distance, suddenly he is a real bad ass, and you better not screw up!

In North America, the only animal that stalks man for food by nature is the Polar Bear! Anything that moves on the ice is food the white bear. This alone makes the polar dangerous, but when you combine that with the weather he is hunted in, you can be in real peral! Nothing else, in North America, is really dangerous as long as you know where they are, and are armed properly. Even the Brown, and Grizzley (actually the same animal) are not really a worry, if you watch how you act in their home.

The animal that absolutely strikes mortal fear in my soul, is the African lion, in the high grass, with a hole punched in him is a non-vital area of his body. A wounded lion, even in the open, who charges the hunter,can cover 50 yds fast enough that a man with a bolt action will be lucky if the one and only shot he'll get, is on target, and stops that cat. If the hunter is useing a double rifle, he will get two shots, but at least one of them better be a stopping shot, or he is in real trouble, as well! A Cape Buffalo, or Bear, is an absolute "SLOW POKE" compared to a Lion, or Leopard, in a close charge! [Eek!]

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi MacD37,

I agree with you. People just can imagine at what speed a lion can move. Try just over 4 seconds per 100 metres for speed. The fastest human can only move, under perfect conditions I might add, is just under 9 seconds per 100 metres.

If a lion 25 metres from you, and you are standing with your hands on your vehicle's door handle, decides to charge at full speed, YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT.

My Motto: Always know you quarry and the environment you are going to operate in, and be prepared.

Safe hunting

Wilhelm Greeff

Posts: 80 | Location: Centurion, South Africa | Registered: 20 September 2003Reply With Quote