Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter to hunter: Pay it forward.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to do some varmint or Quail hunting around Arizona. If someone drew a tag here in Arizona I would be happy to help, any reason to get out in the woods is good with me.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thread has me a little choked up. Thanks for starting it, Joe.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was my pleasure Bill. I am thinking about organizing a group public land Elk hunt for many of the folks that have offered up time and expertise here.

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can offer up some prairie dog shooting for anyone interested. I've got access to several towns on private property. I do however have Army Reserve commitments at least once a month, and the whole month of July. So we do need to plan things a bit.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Why is this thread moving down the page I thought it stayed on top

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Miller:
It was my pleasure Bill. I am thinking about organizing a group public land Elk hunt for many of the folks that have offered up time and expertise here.

I would love to be in that camp.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted, I asked Canuck to un-stick it because it was getting very little interest.

The Elk hunt I mentioned could take place on the western edge of the Ashley national forest in Utah. I have hunted it a few times and it is a great area. But I am open to suggestions as to locations.

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Too good of an idea/offer to let it die. I'm open to anything, and my offer stands to anyone interested.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My offer stands as well. I would even help someone find the gear to archery hunt here this fall, especially if it's because they have hunted very little in the past. I once introduced my best friend to hunting and the love for the sport was his last thoughts before he passed away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well fellas, I know I am new here and spend most of my time poking around the African forum but this topic has mede me want to post.

I would be willing to take someone out on my lease in South Carolina for a day or two for white tail deer.

This whole thread makes me feel good.

Doug

Posts: 28 | Location: SC | Registered: 21 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Spring is on the way anyone wanting to spend a couple days on one of the best Smallmouth rivers in Missouri just drop me a line. I can even help a friend catch 50/100 lbs of chan. cat per day on Reelfoot lake in west Tenn. My boat....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bustingclay,

Welcome to AR and thank you for your offer. That is a perfect way to introduce yourself to the board.

Ted, I would take you up on the fishing if spring wasn't a non stop string of 20+ hour days farming. Are the smallmouth down there as aggressive in the fall as they are here in the northland?

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I wish I only knew Joe...you see on September 15, rough fish giging season opens on Current River (we do this at night with 1000 watt. lights on the front of the boat) and on the same day Bow season begins so the rods get put in the rack for about 6 months. Then back out in April.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bustingclay,

Welcome to AR and thank you for your offer. That is a perfect way to introduce yourself to the board.

Joe,
Thanks for the welcome.

Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a great idea but it's a good idea to have a period of correspondance to ensure both parties are on the same wavelength and that a dedicated free range mauser hunter doesn't invite an R93 carrying canned hunter Big Grin rotflmao

Seriously there are lots of us and not all are going to get on. I've done a considerable amount of exchange hunting but only after some considerable vetting by both parties. I count them as treasured memories which has saved thousands of pounds for us all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
an R93 carrying canned hunter

In my case, I'm over 15 mins from the nearest Starbucks or what ever the manicured jackass types that go on canned hunts are into these days. Now I would welcome a free range Mauser hunter, and I might even dig up a 12 year old bottle of single malt for one of the evenings around the fire.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drink water... out of the tap or creek... no naive for me... or Oprah latte...

Posts: 260 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Water is good, but I prefer it mixed with Barley and Hops in the evening. Sometimes just barley yeast and water is ok too. Anyways, no Blasers regardless of beverage.

I went to a Starbucks in an airport one day and ended up not getting coffee because I couldn't find anyplace on the menu where I could just get a cup of coffee, without any added things. I didn't then and still do not know what a Latte is or a cappuccino, and why the hell are these people afraid of milk. Soymilk has to be one step away from a hazardous material. Okay, back to hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went to a Starbucks in an airport one day and ended up not getting coffee because I couldn't find anyplace on the menu where I could just get a cup of coffee, without any added things. I didn't then and still do not know what a Latte is or a cappuccino, and why the hell are these people afraid of milk. Soymilk has to be one step away from a hazardous material. Okay, back to hunting.

Funny isn't it?
The best coffee can be had at a hole in the wall gas station or diner at 4:30 in the morning on the way to the woods.

Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since spring is hopefully not far away(-10 as we speak but still hoping) How about Turkey hunting in states that don't require you to draw a tag. Who can host a turkey hunt for someone who can't hunt the big birds where they live? I would gladly do it, because we are covered in Turkeys around here, but you have to apply several months before hand. Just an idea.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a great idea guys! And one I have always thought about, I just don't have anything to offer myself Frowner With the addition of a few new guys my uncle brings up from TX, our elk camp is full (cabin)

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taylorce1:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
It looks like I've got a deal worked out on the Savage. I'm posting from my Trio so I'll post full details tomorrow from my computer.

I'm back from Christmas shopping so I can explain the deal. I offered a Youth Pronghorn Hunt for 4 days on Private Land here in SE Colorado ....
My son, Joshua, will be 12 next week. He would love to go on that hunt. We can come straight to the ranch, no transportation needed. Can he have that hunt?

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Willy's .450
posted Hide Post
Alright fellas, here is what I have to offer to anyone who is interested.

A friend of mine and I run a boat in Northeast Florida for Snapper and Grouper (and do very well... usually) and every year I head to coastal North Carolina for the Black Bear hunt.

As far as the grouper and Snapper fishing goes, all I ask you to pay for is your fishing license, help with gas and your own food (usaully $150 or so). The Bear hunt can be a little more expensive with hotels and gas. You can usually count on $200 plus the cost of a hunting license.

PM me if interested....

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 08 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know there was a black bear hunt in NC. All that sand and seafood plus bear huntin, not to mention a population of girls that never seem to find much to wear on those beaches. I wonder why I live in the great frozen north sometimes.

One of Us
Picture of Willy's .450
posted Hide Post
I wonder sometimes why everyone doesnt live near the beach. It is a fantastic Bear hunt.

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 08 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Willy's .450:
Alright fellas, here is what I have to offer to anyone who is interested.

A friend of mine and I run a boat in Northeast Florida for Snapper and Grouper (and do very well... usually) and every year I head to coastal North Carolina for the Black Bear hunt.

As far as the grouper and Snapper fishing goes, all I ask you to pay for is your fishing license, help with gas and your own food (usaully $150 or so). The Bear hunt can be a little more expensive with hotels and gas. You can usually count on $200 plus the cost of a hunting license.

PM me if interested....
Could you provide more details? Such as dates for fishing? Do you run the boat year round, or is it a seasonal opportunity?

What are the dates for the bear? Is this shooting over bait, or running with dogs, or stalk?

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Willy's .450
posted Hide Post
Shottist,

For the fishing, its pretty much anytime(provided the seas arent too rough). Its not seasonal but it is usually best in the late summer.

The Bear hunt changes every year but its usually in the early December time frame. We use dogs but the area is gigantic and you could do whatever you want. I know of some really good spots to still hunt but I think its a little too thick for spot and stalk. Its not legal to bait bears in North Carolina, so none of that occurs. If you've never hunted bears before I must tell you, its pretty addicting and very well could be the most fun you could have with your clothes on.

I think that covers the bases pretty well. If you need any more info, let me know.

One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
December sounds like a workable time frame. I'm an HVAC contractor, so I don't get time off between April and Thanksgiving. Phx stays hot (over 95) right up past October, so I stay busy. We should keep in touch and plan on this.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Joe:
Anything a non-farmer can do to help when those 20-hour days start?
Bill

– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Are you offering? beer

The only thing that could make the days shorter is perfect weather. Anyone know where I could find some?

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Joe: I would love to pitch in for a day if I ever get out your way visiting my bro in Stevens Point. With enough beer and aspirin, I can muck a pretty mean stable ...
Bill

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I'll supply the beer, the boat, and the lake, if you'll help cast for Muskie. Beats cleaning calf pens.