THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    35 Whelen + 225gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip 4 deer?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 Whelen + 225gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip 4 deer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted
I was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with this bullet fired from the Whelen? I normally use the 225gr. Barnes X in my Whelen, but for some reason, I wanted to see what the Ballistic Tip would do to a whitetail when fired from the same rifle. bewildered

"They who would give up an essential Liberty for Temporary Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security." ---Benjamin Franklin

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Posts: 693 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about whitetails, but they worked fine for me on elk.

MFH

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
If they'll surfice on an Elk, I'm sure they'll work well on a little ole deer. Thanks for the info; and I thought they were "built" for deer or antelope! Wink

"They who would give up an essential Liberty for Temporary Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security." ---Benjamin Franklin

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Posts: 693 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Shot a large doe with a high shoulder shot. 225 Ballistic Tip left a gaping exit wound. Naturally she dropped at the shot.
Good Hunting
Bob