Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Alligator Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
Well, my buddy and I drew alligator permits for this year.

Looks like we'll be headed down there for the 1st season.

Damn have I got a lot of stuff I need to buy between now and then!!!

Anyone have any gator pointers they'd like to share!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What equipment will you be using? Guided or not? Looking for a real trophy, or just meat?

Posts: 172 | Location: DAPHNE, ALABAMA | Registered: 26 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I'll be using my bow fishing bow with Mussy Gator Getter equipment. I'm also going to purchase the head and gator points to make a harpoon. My buddy will also be using his bow fishing bow (not sure about the arrow and gator point he will be using). He's going to purchase a bang stick in 44 Mag.

THe trip will be unguided and we're just looking for gators. A little meat and a nice hide will be the ticket. Since this will be our first outing, we're planning on taking it slow and sticking with the smaller gators. I would say we're going to target gators in the 6-8 foot range.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
I also drew tags again this year.
I've hunted gators for years so if you just want to ask questions or you could even call & I'll help any way I can.
I use a crossbow & harpoon but most gators are caught with a snatch hook, trick is have all your options open & let the gator decide when the time is right.

Good Luck! Its a hunt like no other.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote