Tools

My Bear Hunt Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Hopefully this link works:

Bear

This is video from my June 25th Quebec bear hunt. Not the best quality video but I think you can tell what happens. I was bow hunting, the bear came in right after a big thunderstorm passed overhead. The bear is completely soaking wet so his hair is flattened out.

He came storming in looking for other bears trying to ambush them.

After the bear walks away I draw as soon as I see him coming back. He is still walking when I aim and let the arrow go. Once the arrow hits him it stops only because it hit the opposite shoulder preventing a pass through. The thick arm bone was completely shattered.

The boar went 50 yards and gave a death moan. His pelt was perfect, he weighed 245 pounds.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
That's awsome. I'm hoping to meet up with my friend and he's going to show me how to upload some of my videos.

Very nice bear.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

posted Hide Post
Looks like fun times

Posts: 146 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann
Nice shot and nice Bear.

What poundage bow and what broadhead did you use?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice job, Ann! Is that a bait barrel in the video? They won't let us hunt over bait in Washington anymore. Mad

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes Peg, it is a bait barrel. There is about 5 pounds of dry dog food in it, that's why I only bow hunt them.

The woods are so thick there it would be impossible to spot and stalk. There are no trails.

I am going back the first week of June. This is a nice area for black bears. No local pressure. I've got some openings if anyone wants to go (hunt with anything but handguns).

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote