Mountain Lion Hunt Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Video where the hunters follow a tom into an old mine shaft:

http://trophyroom.com/video/lls8ViwJcT/

Crazy.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 893 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I remembered my Mountain Lion hunt

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why you let the hounds chew on the kill. Don't they bugger up the hair when the cats that warm ?
Nice looking animal.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lucky for them boys that wasn't a leopard

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ridgeman

The reason they let the hounds do that is to reward them for their hard work. The term for it is called "Woolin" and the hounds are not allowed to do it for long periods of time.

Also if you let the hounds grab the Lion, coon and bear it just makes them want to catch the next animal that they are turned out on a little more. Hope that helps.

Steve
www.skymountainoutfitters.com

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow thats crazy.
I hope my Mt. Lion Hunt this upcoming winter doesnt happen like that. HA HA
W.Smiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve - now I know. Had a dog that tried "woolin" a possum back home in N.Z. once and got a nasty rip on his snout - turns out the possum was playing possum. Love to know how many of those handgun rounds made it into the cat ! Sure wish we had game like that here in Australia - none of the feral cats i ever shot even looked like standing their ground. Impressive stuff.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote