Find
Notify
Tools

B.C. Draw results are in.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted
I got my first choice goat draw up north [Big Grin] but it's a crap shoot if I can make it. If my pops gets it maybe we can go but if it's just me I'll have to pass. [Frown]

No moose, no island elk and no mulie doe. [Frown]

If don't want to wait for your result by mail go to b.c. gov on the net, then ministry of land air and water, then hunting, then LEH. You just have to put your hunter # in.

[ 06-27-2003, 12:16: Message edited by: boilerroom ]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey,
What animals can you hunt without a draw in BC? Is it true that drawing a roosevelt elk tag is very very difficult?

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can hunt virtually all game animals (whitetail, blacktail, mulies, moose, Rocky Mt. Elk, mt. goat, caribou, big horn sheep. Dall and Stone sheep, and black bear, with "tags" you buy over the counter. We have no pronghorn antelope - so we're one animal shy of big game heaven! The only exceptions for over-the-counter tags are Roosevelt Elk, grizzly, and bison, for which you must draw. There are draws for the over-the-counter animals, too, for time periods that aren't included in the regular seasons and for antlerless animals.

Posts: 113 | Location: B.C., Canada | Registered: 18 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Mulie doe here in region 5

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Cariboo, you have a PM.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
My old man got his goat draw also so there is a good chance we'll make that hunt up north. Moose and deer are open with bow while we'll be there and the goats are bow or rifle. At that time the steelhead and coho will be running strong. Last year I landed a 20lber on the fly along with many others. It's a good time. We just use my buddies shop as a base camp. That's roughing it. [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Bog

quote:
Hey,
What animals can you hunt without a draw in BC? Is it true that drawing a roosevelt elk tag is very very difficult?

It's true. I've been putting in one of the easiest draws for over 10 years and I am still waiting. Last year a potential new pope & young #1 was taken in my zone though. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Sounds great, I have always been attracted to the big game of BC and am thinking of moving there as soon as I get my degree...better make that IF I get my degree [Big Grin]

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I struck out again.

Never been drawn...

Mu buddy got a grizzly tag and asheep tag, so I guess I'm grizzly and sheep hunting this year. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Three out of four of us got the goat tag. Only one of six got the moose tag. Four draws out of twenty four entries, not good. [Frown]

Gate.

My friend has not ever been drawn yet in eight years. Some of his draws are not hard odds neither. Just bad luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I drew a goat for region 4. Other than that I struck out on turkey, sheep, and elk. No worries though my Goat region is open for elk and sheep anyhow.

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote