Find
Notify
Tools

First Elk Hunt in Tennessee!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted
I am proud to post that a good friend of mine has successfully hunted and killed the first legal elk in Tennessee of the century in the draw that TWRA held. The bull was a 318. I have a cell phone picture of fuzzy quality I will hold off on posting I think. I will post a photo when I can get one from him.

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That state looks like perfect elk country to me. We have been holding a draw here in Pa for quite awhile. Some big'ens get harvested each year. Congrats to your friend.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't wait until it becomes easier to get a tag for one of these creatures!
Tell your friend congrats!

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your buddy... do you know how many people put in for the four tags?
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted Hide Post
Andy there were only 5 tags offered. 4-as you noted--were drawn by chance by TWRA. The 5th tag was auctioned on E-bay by TWRA and brought $17,000.00! I think I heard that about 15,000 put in for the 4 tags. I will need to reconfirm that and will post the exact figure when I get it. T

Thanks to all offering congratulations. I will will show him this. Maybe he will join!!

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lived just north of Knoxville for a year and bummed around the blue royal area ( maybe royal blue) and seen the small elk herd there. After talking to some of the locals I got the impression that poaching was a big concern. It's good to see that the population is growing large enough to start hunting. Hopefully the herds get bigger and more people will get the chance to hunt them.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote