New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interbond
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone else here used the interbond?? What were the results??

JJhack posted some results here previously that sang high praise for the bullet.

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that has used them and is very high on them....sorry, wish I could provide better info....that's all I have....they mushroomed and stayed in tact.....

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not been able to get Interbonds to group. Using 165 IB in 300 SAUM. This gun shoots everything at 1.25" or less, but not the Interbond. I have just about finished a box of 100 and my best load so far is 1.4".
While terminal performance may be great, I am a firm believer in accuracy first.
I have had good luck with other Hornady offerings, but so far I am simply less than impressed with the Interbonds. I emailed Hornady and recieved a response 2 weeks later. I answered questions about load dev, lot numbers etc, but have not had a response for a couple weeks.

As a side note, I shot a .5" group with 165 gr partitions through the 300 SAUM yesterday. Cannot wait to get back out and make sure that load was not a fluke. At 3000 fps, it will be a real killer.

Posts: 165 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Then there is the million dollar question, will they open up on smallish deer?

Same question for the Accubonds?

I'd like to know because I want to run some tests with them but wont bother if I'm worried about expansion on small deer.

I don't shoot small deer of course. This concern would be strictly for other people's loads. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuietHunter:
I have not been able to get Interbonds to group.... I emailed Hornady and recieved a response 2 weeks later. I answered questions about load dev, lot numbers etc, but have not had a response for a couple weeks.

You did better than I did. I emailed them about 6 months ago, asking them for load data, as I was unable to get the 165 grain or 150 grain .308 Interbonds to group less than 1-1/2" out of any rifle: .30-06, .308 or .300 WSM. Their other bullets do 3/4 MOA.

I haven't heard squat from them. This isn't the first time. I've emailed them previously and received a much late, and/or half-assed, response. As far as I am concerned their customer service STINKS.

Try the same thing with Sierra and you will get a phone call back, or an email back within a few days, with very helpful info.

[ 09-27-2003, 08:05: Message edited by: KuduKing ]

Posts: 380 | Location: America the Beautiful | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KuduKing,
That surprises me. I've always had VERY prompt courteous service from Hornady, especially from Lonnie Hummel.

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try the same thing with Sierra and you will get a phone call back, or an email back within a few days, with very helpful info
Not to be a smart a$$.....but what bonded bullet does Sierra make?

Call Hornady 800-338-3220 and ask for Doug Derner

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So.........................................................................................

back to the topic.................

Has anyone used the Interbond???

one of us
posted Hide Post
JJHack posted oever on 24hourcampfire that one, or more, of his clients showed up in Africa this year with 30'06 ammo loaded with Hornady Interbond 165 gr. bullets. He was very impressed. Excellent, rapid expansion and complete penetration, with good size exit wounds on all classes of african game. He is a big fan of the Swift-A-Frame. He says the Interbond appears just as good. He says the Barnes X is a better penetrator, but doesn't produce the wound channels, or exits wound size that the A-Frames or the Interbonds do. E

Posts: 1022 | Location: Placerville,CA,USA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vapodog:
... what bonded bullet does Sierra make?

None. They don't need to. The GameKing and Prohunter work just fine.

Posts: 380 | Location: America the Beautiful | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used 130 grn interbonds going around 3200 fps out of a 270 wsm to shoot my antelope last week. It took three shots to put him down. First shot was broadside second shot was facing me and the bullet traveled the full length of him and the exit hole was the same size as the entry and then a finisher. First two shots were over 350 and the finisher was from about 100. The last shot went through the near shoulder and out his neck. Exit was about the size of a dime. Lucky for me as I am having him mounted. He grosses over 84" and should net over 82". Not much internal damage just caliber sized holed through everything. Not Impressed. Just switched to Ballistic Tips and my groups went from 1" to .310"

Posts: 39 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: 18 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 39 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: 18 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
loaded some 165gr Interbonds in my .308 Warbird this weekend...1.5"groups. Not impressive. However, 165gr ballistic tips and 168gr Barnes XLC's give me <3/4" no and's if's or but's. Kinda disappointing, I woulda thunk that being from Hornady, they'd shoot a lot better than that. Maybe I'll try some different seating depths, but for this season, I think I'll just stick with the XLC's.

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote