THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Preference Point Questions for Wyoming and Nevada

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preference Point Questions for Wyoming and Nevada
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Hello,

I have 7 points each for elk and moose in Wyoming as a non-resident; 2 in Nevada for elk.

What is the magic # for Elk and Moose in Wyoming? Thinking about applying next fall. Not sure if I want to do archery, muzzleloader, or rifle.

What about Nevada? What are the points for the good units? I've been trying to draw late season unit 231 for 2 years.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wyoming has a great section on their website that lists all of the management areas and how many points it took to draw,in the last draw, for each animal.

Posts: 120 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Wyoming the magic number is going to vary by the unit, also, other than a few units, the hunting method of choice makes no difference in your odds. The drawing odds are available on the g&f web site by unit.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the WY Draw Odds:

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Drawing-Odds

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Drawing-Odds

A Wyoming tag is good for any season. One of the few states still doing that.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am going to apply for mountain goat, elk, antelope and deer.

I have a very limited number of points so I am only expecting antelope and cow elk tags.

Utah I am applying for mountain goat and antelope and sheep

Arizona sheep, javelina, deer

Nevada sheep, mountain goat (if they do that) and deer.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our group of 3 hunters got our 2015 tags by applying as a group. One had 6 points and the other two hunters had 2 points each. We hunted areas 70, 71, and 60.
I posted a write-up a few days ago.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote