Notify
Tools

Hunting Opportunities in Florida?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
All:

I have just accepted a position near Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Could you give me any information on hunting opportunities in Flordia? Also, are there any possibilities that I might be able to join a hunting club in the south FL region?

A country boy from Oklahoma is going to need some relief from the city folks down there!!

Thanks for any info in advance!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graybird,

I was born and raised in Florida, and only recently left.

There will be plenty of hunting leases available, and I always enjoyed my hunts there.

There will be both open pasture, and piney woods to hunt, with scrub oaks. Lots of whitetail and hogs, and the temperature will rarely get below 40 degrees F there.

If you dress properly, the mosquitoes won't be a problem. Get a bug jacket (a mesh outer jacket), and wear a mosquito net over your hat.
It sounds like a chore, but it's not, and I have hunted in only a t-shirt and a bug jacket and been very comfortable.

My favorite area to hunt was the swamps. I wore rubber boots (knee high), and just slowly walked through the shallows. I liked the swamps because not many people want to hunt them, and that is where the bucks go to lie up when the pressure is on.

It's a very different kind of hunting, but you'll find it plenty fun.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote