THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    How did Wyoming's price increase affect your drawing a elk tag?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did Wyoming's price increase affect your drawing a elk tag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Any luck?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cost increase made me apply my son for a permit this year to take advantage of the youth price rather than waiting and dealing with the increased regular prices. The limited hunt he drew doubled in the points taken to draw, but he drew.

I will not buy points every year now, just once every 2 years to keep the points we have. 5 people in the family, kids in school or in service. It will be years before they can afford to hunt elk in WY. The limited hunts are so far out by points they are not worth chasing and the gen tag is fun so no reason to have too many points.

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My three youngest daughters are still too young to buy points for. I think most states require them to be 11.

I have 4 or 5 for elk. I didn't apply this year as I wasn't sure if we were moving back to the states or not.

I guess it depends what jobs bring.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep buying points. I have max deer and elk. I believe I have 8 antelope.

Its too bad that every year I say I am too busy. I really need to take time to go.

On the other hand, I have not been convinced of an area that's worth cashing in my points. Who knows? Maybe next year.

Posts: 2648 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In your profession it would be hard to take time off in the fall.

Sending you a PM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not really. I work for a great District that is PRO Hunting!

We have longer days but classes are 4 days a week. Of course I cannot take 2 weeks off at a time, but I can take a week at a time.

I can spend a lot of my Fridays hunting when I am not running my business (which is rare lately).

Posts: 2648 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whats a elk license and tag going for in Utah these days..non resident..

Non resident license tag and license in Idaho will fetch you a nice rifle these days, higher n cats back..near $500 Im told..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote