New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Pennsylvania Cow elk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I killed a big cow elk a few days back in Pa. of all places after getting drawn for a tag after many years of trying. Used a .243 Win 100gr handload but anything would have killed where I hit her in the ear hole as she stood broadside at 250 yds. Was able to load her into a trailer behind an ATV non dressed hanging at barn she weighed 597# sleek and fat. Had backstrap yesterday watching the Eagles get thrashed...YUMMMMM!

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Man. You're making me hungry.
Nice shot.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5183 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's great, how about pictures now?

Congrats on the tag and good shot too.
Enjoy the eats.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
That's great, how about pictures now?

Congrats on the tag and good shot too.
Enjoy the eats.

George

gave up trying to upload on here

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
That will be a lot of good eating.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Congrats Terry. I drew a Michigan cow elk tag in 1985. There were 52,000 applicants for 120 tags and I drew one. Got a beautiful cow on the first morning in two feet of snow. Ball buster dragging her out, but she ate real well.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1385 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote