Notify
Tools

..here kitty kitty - oops.....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted
[Eek!] a buddy just emailed this to me:

This 256lbs. cat was shot on the Moncrief Ranch approximately 20 miles west of Ft.Worth
by a coyote hunter using a call.
The hunter is 6'2"

-

[ 05-11-2003, 03:34: Message edited by: CaptJack ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jesus H. Christ!, THAT looks like a butch cut African lion. Just what I want in N. America though. Now I can buy a double rifle [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The same guy who shot that kitty in Texass, shot this 12.6' bear too...

-

Posts: 33 | Location: Fairbanks, AK | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
CaptJack,

That mountain lion was shot in Washington state. The guy holding the lion is Jim Hackiewicz (who posts here as JJHack). He was the guide not the hunter.

Big Mountain Lion

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
T.Carr,
thanx for the heads-up...
It figures- typical internet lore [Roll Eyes]
We get some big cats in Texas but I've never seen a Texas Tom near as big as that cat.
..wouldn't want to meet him behind a rock on a dark night...

BTW- how dare a Son of the Republic live out of our beloved country!! [Big Grin]
..from a 7th generation Texan...

[ 05-01-2003, 07:08: Message edited by: CaptJack ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I see tire chains in the corner of the garage. Almost as rare as 250 lb cats near Ft Worth.

Nice cat!

Posts: 125 | Location: Altus, OK,USA | Registered: 30 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
CaptJack,

It is amazing what the internet can do. I had also recieved the same info you did about that cat being shot near Fort Worth.

Had to leave the Lone Star State so my wife could be closer to her ill mother. Except for 5 years in California and one year (so far) in Missouri, lived all my life in Texas (Canadian, Lubbock and Dallas).

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

[ 05-01-2003, 09:34: Message edited by: cas ]

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
 -

[ 05-01-2003, 09:35: Message edited by: cas ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats a big dang cat. Looks like something from Africa.

Posts: 28 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Computer wizardry strikes again.

Posts: 13807 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
How big would you like 'em? lol

one of us
posted Hide Post
They said they knew the cat was in the Fort Worth area because they kept finding hairballs the size of basketballs that he'd coughed up.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I had to put both of the pictures together, someone seems to have added a little size to the second picture.

-

-

Amazing what one can do on a computer.

Regards,

Terry

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
I had to put both of the pictures together, someone seems to have added a little size to the second picture.

Terry

Either that or the guy was loosing weight rapidly from holding it.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10158 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Gunnut45/454>
posted
Also according to the Game department there are no Mountain kitties in Texas!!! Even though I took a Fish and Game person to a steer that was killed by one! Tracks /Teeth marks on bones/ claw marks on hide etc. -"Boy there are mountain lion in Texas!!" Now if you see one your supposed to report it- and it's against the law to shot one in Texas. [Roll Eyes]

[ 05-07-2003, 01:19: Message edited by: Gunnut45/454 ]

<David King>
posted
Gunnut 45/454

I believe you're incorrect about it being illegal to shoot Mountain Lion in Texas. Check page 76 of the Texas Hunting/Fishing regs. They're considered non-game animals as I read it..shoot as many as you like.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/licenses/non-html/outdoor_annual_03.pdf

one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
Mountain Lions are still considered vermin in Texas.

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what cartridge he was using to kill the cat? Also, other than 22 thru the lungs of a treed cat or something, any suggestions on what cartridge to use on cats in general? Is the 223 capable on kitty's? etc.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never mind, found it, an 06 in WA state.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Gunnut45/454,

You are confusing Texas with Oklahoma.....please don't do that again! [Wink]

We have cougars all over Texas. There is no season on them, just like bobcats and coyotes.

As a courtesy, Texas Parks & Wildlife asks that we call and tell them when and where one is taken.

Oklahma's Department of Wildlife won't officialy admit that there are mountain lions in the state. It is illegal to shoot them...non-existant as they are. I have personally called one in near Mangum, OK while coyote hunting.

Bob C.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote