New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydration Systems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What type do you use. Do you use one that is combined with a backpack?

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a Hydra storm Tempest.

Do not buy a Camelbak as apparently they support all the treehugger bunny lover morons.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I use a camel back (sorry PC its an issue one!)I mix up some poweraid and freeze it over night, it melts as I go along. If I go on a short trip I half fill it with water and freeze. Then top it up before I go. It slides in my daypack along with a camera and other stuff!

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
I have a 3.1 liter Platypus Big Zip that fits in my weekender Jansport pack. Easy to fill and I can carry enough water for a weekend. Have to pare down my other gear a little though.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How do you monitor you use of your water or whatever with the hydration systems?
I usually have to ration my water as I go and would not want to drink it all up too fast and then have miles to go on empty.
Now I stop and take out my water bottle and always know how much I use and how much I have left.
With the hydration system is there some way to know how much you have used and how much you have left?

Posts: 162 | Location: Boise | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Finally a good post--thanks for your responses guys!!!

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

this is way better stuff than is a 243 or a 250 better or any of that crap!

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a 70oz camelback, carry a lightweight filter, and know where the water can be found. Never know when you will need more.

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
If I'm hunting in the "build up" (just before the wet season) The temps reach the high 30's low 40's c. I pack 2 bladders and have extra in the vehicle or on the quad in a esky. I mate and I went through 10 litres each and still got dehydrated one trip. I don't want to do that again.

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I use only the best, a boda bag. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No sweat Bakes, I only found out after I bought a Hydrastorm at any rate [Big Grin]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Camel makes some good carrying systems,the problem is the plastic they use, makes the water taste bad,it takes on the flavor of plastic. Platypus and cabelas use differant material for their bladders and the water tastes a hell of alot better. I carry a 100 ouncer and a filter,during normal fall hunting seasons I have a hard time drinking the full 100oz. even on 12 mile hunts.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Platypus 3 big zip. I have no problem downing the entire three litres in the course of a days sheep hunting. I always mix up lemon lime gatorade, and I can really see the improvement in my energy levels. Basically with strenuous activity I think it is best to drink as much water as possible. Finding clean water is not terribly difficult around here!

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote