Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Wives(Pics)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, she's gone and done it again.
Two years in a row now my best hunting partner(my wife) has taken a pretty nice deer on opening day.
Thier not B&C class but very nice for our neck of the woods.
We hunt on public land that has a massive amount of pressure. These deer are the definition of smart deer. They know every trick in the book and use them very well.
She picks her own hunting spots, uses her own tree climbing stand and helps with all the work after her kills.
Oh,, did I mention she is quiet a fisherwoman too. What a woman,, huh. [Big Grin]
Here's her last years deer. A nice 8pt(21 7/8" inside) that field dressed 190#. 140yd shot.
 -
This years 10pt(16 3/4" inside). 110yd shot.
 -
Sorry for the hanging tongue but the make-up artist wasn't on shift. [Razz]
Well,,, at least I did get a 260# feral hog. I'd post the photo but it is a little graphic(head shot).
So how many of y'alls hunting partner is your better halve?

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Deer!
Women like your wife are few and far between these days that's for sure!!
Congratulations!

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
Darn ! I thought you were going to post a picture of your WIFE !!! [Wink]

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn Fine Deer ....

And if you don't mind saying so ... Damn Fine Dear!

Congratulations to your wife (and to you)!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Dead Horse>
posted
I hope Buell and Steiny don't see that second picture!

Congratulations to your wife for a great deer. Congratulations to you for a great wife!

<Boyd Heaton>
posted
Does she have any sister's??????????? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead Horse:
I hope Buell and Steiny don't see that second picture!

Congratulations to your wife for a great deer. Congratulations to you for a great wife!

AMEN! Actually I think Buell may have left us to go save the world once more. He'll be back when he gets bored again.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boyd Heaton:
Does she have any sister's??????????? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Boyd, she does have two sisters but I believe I caught the only keeper. [Big Grin]
The only thing I've seen the other two hunt was the mall. [Roll Eyes]
She was a Pa. girl so you might get lucky and find another one like her hiding around there somewhere. [Smile]

[ 11-04-2002, 08:53: Message edited by: Nutoy ]

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I have 3 golden rules

1.Never take a woman hunting

2.Never take a woman fishing

3.Never take a woman hunting and fishing!

Cause they'll out shoot and out fish you every time [Wink]

Bakes

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In case you guys didn't realize, these are great deer for East Texas, especially on land with public access. Congrats to an obviously skilled hunter!

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, she got a beautiful buck! Tell her congratulations! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 19547 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Nutoy,
Great deer! I too am one of the lucky ones that has a wife that loves to hunt! It sure makes it easy when planning trips but it costs twice as much. [Eek!]

Here is a photo of her Llano, Texas buck from a few years ago that made the entire hunting camp look bad.

-

one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
While my new wife (we've been married just over a month) doesn't hunt (she doesn't like the idea of gutting anything [Wink] ), she is very supportive of my hunting and she likes to shoot. And she likes to camp. She wants to go pheasant hunting (just to watch) with me in a month also.

Plus, just yesterday, I was looking through a copy of Field & Stream and there was a picture of a black bear. She said, "Oh, I would love to have a rug for the living room.".

I am a happy man. [Big Grin]

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife got a nice Buck yesterday. He is big bodied, well over 200 lbs. He was over 8 feet when hung up.
 -

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JD, tell her I said congrats and thats a super nice deer.
Something about those women in camo. [Big Grin]
I surely thought there would have been more forumites that hunted with thier wives. [Frown]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nutoy: I'll tell her, and that's a fine deer your wife got. I agree there should be more wives in the field.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Boyd Heaton>
posted
Make's it alot nicer in camp too.I would much rather wake up next to a women than Billy Bob or the like with a two week beard and has'nt showered in a week [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatever you put in the water your wife drinks, could you send some to my wife? Maybe it would be contageous.

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Nutoy and JD

congratulations to your wives for there nice trophies and to you for having hunting wives.

My wife refuses to hunt but she has promised to go to africa with me on hunting in a couple of years.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just looked up the regulations for hunting wives in Utah. Let me quote from the proclamation:

"It shall be unlawful to hunt wives within 100 yards of any department store. It shall be unlawful to bait wives using signs or like media bearing the word "SALE"...."

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife was just hunting a little while ago. Seems she was hunting for the TV remote.

Didn't check to see if she had all the proper license.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote