New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st Elk Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wish I could show yall pictures of an Elk, but no luck this year.

All I know is I'm hooked.

here is some random pics anyhow

Posts: 67 | Location: Lubbock Texas | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
It is a disease isn't it!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rbrowntx,

Nice photos! I hate to say it but that Peterson pipe lashed to your saddle horn may have done you in...those Wapiti can smell a nice English blend from miles away and then they run for the high country. Big Grin Wink Big Grin Best of luck to you next season.

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rbrowntx,
That looks just like where I was this week, here in WA state.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds like I need to check out that place too
but we were NW Colorado

Posts: 67 | Location: Lubbock Texas | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mr Jim Beagles
posted Hide Post
It could have been in southern Montana, south of Big Timber just north of Yellowstone. The anti's got their wish there. Wolves and grizzlies have driven ALL elk and deer out. There weren't even any old tracks in the snow up high. Griz tracks were all we saw. Last week in October.

If you can't have fun, what good is life?
Were liberals born that stupid or did they work at it?

Posts: 84 | Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures... I didn't know anyone used a "real" pack saddle anymore. Big Grin

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mr jim beagles--did you hunt with a guide or did you go in by yourself--I hunted Big Timber all of the 90's practically--chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote