THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Scientists warn American 'promotion of hunting' is ruining the environment

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scientists warn American 'promotion of hunting' is ruining the environment
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.newsweek.com/scien...versity-loss-1846779

Link to article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just more anti BS.

Anti human anti hunting.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The person who wrote article is based in London! This article is pretty lame.

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
evidently it must be necessary to be a total braibless idiot to be called a scientist

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah yes. The climate lie once again. It’s so bloody convenient that you can blame anything on it and it can be caused by any phenomenon. Man made climate change is the most convenient lie told in human history. And we eat it up like a buffet. We truly are the dumbest animal on the planet.

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
The mindless empty heads aka "Academics" are attacking everything across the board. This is just another article playing to the empty headed crowd they appeal to!
You have to keep an eye on them!

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Dumb article. Just reminds me when I read stuff written by such people: Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
What is even more fascinating to me are the mental gymnastics some "hunters" will go through who support those with such blatant anti-hunting agendas. The mind boggles.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm not going to lie, i was waiting for the researcher to comment about wild horses.

I grew up in PA and still go back to hunt a few days every year so I find it interesting that the research says everyone is focused on more deer. PA is focusing on a better age class of deer.

I've also not spent enough time learning about the colorado wolf reintroduction to have an extremely valid opinion, but I would say based off of the grizzly bear debacle of when it should be delisted vs the fact that it hasn't been, on that premise alone I would be hesitant to bring the wolf back for the concern of over population without any ability to manage them

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would be hesitant to bring the wolf back for the concern of over population without any ability to manage them

It is a real problem in my area.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Distinguished Professor John A. Vucetich should donate his salary to biodiversity restoration and refuse to use any Pittman-Robertson funds or hunting license revenue for any wolf restoration projects since hunting is such a scourge. I am sure the environmentalists will step up to the plate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most state agencies are importantly supported by funding mechanisms that are too tightly tied to revenue generated by hunting. Updating those funding structures would go a long way toward positive change. Many state agencies see their primary existential purpose as the promotion of hunting. This purpose is sometimes emphasized in agency mission statements. Positive change would include state wildlife agencies re-envisioning their purpose to focus on rewilding," Vucetich said.

I love this bit! He uses the example of web space used by government agencies as an example of their focus, pretty obvious if you sell game licenses you’ll have a web page explaining how to buy them and what the regulations are.

What’s his alternative? More taxes? Higher national park fees? Greater promotion of glamping?

Whitetail like kangaroos in Australia have grown with availability of feed and water on the back of the livestock industry. Rewilding of wolves and dingoes will be at the expense of livestock. I’m sure if quizzed Vicetich would either promote reducing livestock production and consumption or reducing human population to reduce the need for livestock.

As an Australian I normally wouldn’t comment but this rewilding craze is international

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
As an Australian I normally wouldn’t comment but this rewilding craze is international

It's dumb too.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote