THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Woman Bitten by Bear at Wisconsin Zoo

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman Bitten by Bear at Wisconsin Zoo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted
Woman Bitten by Bear at Wisconsin Zoo, Fingers Severed
Saturday, March 06, 2010

MANITOWOC, Wis. — Police say a bear bit off a woman's fingers at a Wisconsin zoo after she ignored barriers and warning signs to try to feed the animal.

The Lincoln Park Zoo in Manitowoc closed after the incident Friday morning. Police say the 47-year-old woman lost a thumb and a forefinger, and two other fingers were partially severed.

The woman's boyfriend was bitten as he tried to pry the bear's mouth off her hand, but he didn't lose any fingers. Her 3-year-old granddaughter wasn't injured.

A mayor's office statement says alcohol played a factor.

It's unclear which of two Asiatic black bears bit the women when she put her hand through their enclosure's fence. Police tell the Herald Times Reporter the bears likely won't be euthanized.

Manitowoc is about 80 miles north of Milwaukee.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drunk at the Zoo Friday morning with your 3 year old grand-daughter--CLASSY!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stupidity knows no bounds.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Crazy woman's fingers = Vienna sausages = nice bear snack, even if a bit crunchy

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alcoholism ? NO, Darwinism !! She should be arrested for giving alcohol laden food to the bear. popcorn

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you just can't fix stupid. (There is one sure way but it's terminal.)

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw this news story earlier today and thought who the hell is drunk at the zoo with their grandchildren at 7 a.m.

Then I remembered I live in Wisconsin holycow

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were they also charged with DUI? Was the DHHS notified immediately of a child in danger?

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police say a bear bit off a woman's fingers at a Wisconsin zoo after she ignored barriers and warning signs to try to feed the animal.

quote:
A mayor's office statement says alcohol played a factor.

just plain STUPID

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the drunk's daughter was at work, explaining her having the child? (doubt it) Roll Eyes

I bet she'll have a hard time hoisting the bottle to her mouth now missing that thumb and index.(but I guarantee she figures it out) rotflmo

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
The article is ambiguous on the part alcohol played. Maybe the bears were drinking!

Asiatic Bears are mean drunks.

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yuck I agree.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bear was probably pissed she didnt give him some cheese and a beer.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote