THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Which hunter(s) is the most ethical........

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which hunter(s) is the most ethical........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted
Dutch said it best.Where do you get these "Fairy Tales"?Born and raised in Idaho and hunted for almost 50 years and have never seen anything close to your scenario other than from "Out Of State Hunters".The local as you put it 7-shot hunters off of the 4-wheeler on Elk do not excist from what I've seen in 50 years of hunting and logging in Idaho and I live very close to Elk City where the bad ones show up from Out Of State.Great place to drink a beer or two in my opinion.

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
3 different actual hunters on the same lease have the following results who would you say is the most ethical?......

#1. Supposedly experienced hunter drives 4 wheeler back and forth over the lease. Jumps off when he sees a 5x5 Elk. It takes 7 shots offhand before the Elk is finally down........

#2 Relatively inexperienced hunter but who shoots a lot, spots Elk and stalks to where he has a clear shot and a steady rest. 1 shot and 1 dead Bull Elk

#3 Guy who shoots several deer a year off his own land for years but has shot less than 1 box of Ammo through rifle used on this hunt. Walks several miles before getting close enough to Elk on new lease. Tries to shoot 6x6 Bull but instead spines cow in the middle of the back while Bull runs off. Misses shots on at least 3 more elk and goes home with cow only......

My personal opinions are as follows:

#1 Should stay off the 4 wheeler and take a steady rest so 1 shot is enough.

#2 Isn't this what we all try for?

#3 Should have practiced more with the rifle and shouldn't have even shot if another Elk was near the line of fire.

Now does it really matter that the distances involved were:

#1 apx 150 yds

#2 measured 536yds

#3 apx 75 yds

.......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
#3 Guy who shoots several deer a year off his own land for years but has shot less than 1 box of Ammo through rifle used on this hunt. Walks several miles before getting close enough to Elk on new lease. Tries to shoot 6x6 Bull but instead spines cow in the middle of the back while Bull runs off. Misses shots on at least 3 more elk and goes home with cow only......

So if he would have gotten the bull, would he have left the cow?? Did he have two elk licenses??

WTF?? Sounds like a slob to me.

MG