New
Find
Notify
Tools

It is upon us
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In less than 12 hours big game seasons open here in Wyoming.
I myself am sitting on a ridge waiting on a group of elk that I
spotted this morning.
Good Luck to all. Safe travels

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
And to think, I will be facing 25 5th graders day after tomorrow...... The life of a teacher!

I hope you tag a monster!

In a few weekends, once the beginning of the school year rush has settled, Renee and I will be headed out looking for more meat.

Maybe when you return you can post another pictorial to slake our thirst.
Smiler

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Not Big Game, but lots of folks hitting the fields today, opening day of Dove Season over much of Texas. We are going to have 20+ hunters spread out over a few of the bosses properties.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
In less than 12 hours big game seasons open here in Wyoming.
I myself am sitting on a ridge waiting on a group of elk that I
spotted this morning.
Good Luck to all. Safe travels

And I'd be willing to bet that it ain't 95 degrees and 90% humidity.
By now you may be eating elk backstrap.
If all works well I should head to my lease next weekend for a little R&R, dove shooting and final preparations for Bow Season opener Sept. 28th. Good luck to you. Hopefully you will post pix of some of that country you get to enjoy as well as the bounty of the hunt.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And while you're hunting elk, I'll be sitting over a waterhole (or around it) looking for a nice big black bear. Good Luck and shoot straight.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No opening morning elk for me this year.
Was a good day non the less.
More to come when the gun smoke clears...

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote