THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Need help to buy a new pair of binos ...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help to buy a new pair of binos ...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
Hi you all

I am intending to buy a new pair of binos ... after quite a long search I decided upon the IOR 10x50 BUT I cannot find any reseller (at least not reccomandable or having them quite expensive)

Would you please reccomend me any reseller where I could buy them Confused Confused? It has to accept internet (& international)orders and overseas shipping ....

I used to had very good experiences at SWFA thumb, but cannot contact Chris Farris any more ... and saddly his colaborators don´t appear to find international orders very interesting Eeker Frowner

Thank you all in advance

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could try with Bearbasin Outfitters (http://www.bearbasin.com/). I bought several rifle scopes from them, and I believe that they appreciated the business - Lorenzo

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Afrikaander. Back in late 60's I bought a pair of B&L's when they were THE ones to buy--still made in USA. Still have them and they are as good as ever. So my knowledge of where or what to buy nowdays is zero. I do have a couple of points though. The 10 powers might work for you? My son in law has a pair of 10's possibly 12's and he can get right on what he is looking for. I tried them and had avery difficult time picking up what I was looking at. You may want a lower power???? The other thing is even on small bino's get the Bino Buddy or some such strap. The kind that goes over shoulders like suspenders vs a strap around your neck. It makes huge difference in how comfortable they are and it holds them to your chest where they dont bounce around. Son in law described it as "must have" equipment and I had to agree with him after trying it.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
<boreal>
posted
quote:

Would you please reccomend me any reseller where I could buy them Confused Confused? It has to accept internet (& international)orders and overseas shipping ....

You might want to try:
http://www.binoculars.com

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:
Hi you all

I am intending to buy a new pair of binos ... after quite a long search I decided upon the IOR 10x50 BUT I cannot find any reseller (at least not reccomandable or having them quite expensive)

I used to had very good experiences at SWFA thumb, but cannot contact Chris Farris any more ... and saddly his colaborators don´t appear to find international orders very interesting Eeker Frowner

Thank you all in advance

Have you tried on e-Bay? They might have some up for auction.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys, but not binoculars.com nor ebay have them .... any other suggestion will be appreciated !

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
How about from Valdada themselves, their site says they ship internationally.

Valdada-IOR Optics

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Quality Optics. I can't remember the URL, but a good guy and reasonable prices. Maybe someone here can recall the web address.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Afrikaander , I have a brand new pair of the 10X40 at the gun show, I will dig out the paper work and see if I can get you some sort of contact info. I will get back to you this eve.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cheapest prices I found on optics is from natchezss.

Buffalo,NY

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Valdada is my last option, since his prices aren´t so good ...

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyd223:
Afrikaander , I have a brand new pair of the 10X40 at the gun show, I will dig out the paper work and see if I can get you some sort of contact info. I will get back to you this eve.

Thank you for your offer, jimmy !
I am looking forward for that contact info ... for my purposes 10x40 is just as good thumb...

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marty:
Try Quality Optics. I can't remember the URL, but a good guy and reasonable prices. Maybe someone here can recall the web address.

Yes, now I remembered some folks in here talked quite nicely about him .... jim maloney, if I recall correctly ... Thanks Marty !

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
posted Hide Post
Afrikaander, here's a link to IOR which shows the pair I have anlong with a contact phone for IOR. The ones I have are the black ones. I have looked through them and the optic's are really outstanding. If I wasn't a Leica junkie I would keep the IOR's roflmao

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jimmy

Actually my only concern with Valdada itself is that I have seen this very same pair of binos at least one hundred cheaper ... the fact is that the places I saw those prices didn´t accept international credit cards as payment methods Frowner - eliminating thus my internet purchase option ...

seems that my new IOR binos would have to wait till my next trip to USA (in six months or so Mad)

If I cannot control my anxiety, seems Valdada would be the chosen one ...

Thank you all

Μολὼν λάβε