THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    BLACK BEAR!!! HOLY CRAP!!! went up to my buddy's place..PICTURES

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BLACK BEAR!!! HOLY CRAP!!! went up to my buddy's place..PICTURES
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
TO check out the black bear invasion he is dealing with. In 2 days I saw at least 6-7 different bear. I know because there were 5 in sight at the same time. 3 in front and 2 in back.
Got some great pics including the results of one being chased up a tree by another. Wish I had my video camera..

here are some of the better ones.

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Neat pics, but those bears need to find some grub; they're looking kinda weak and thin. Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
They all look very young.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scrawny looking buggers. Is there something different in the food situation that they come around his yard, or is this a normal phenomenon? Might be the time of the year that mama gives the adolescents the boot, and they are looking for a place to call home?

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HE has had the place for several years. ALways had food out for critters, birds squirrels, racoons etc. Maybe saw one bear a year. This year he cleared a large area around the place and when he was doing it he opened up 2 fairly well used game trails that the various critters were using to get around his place.

Now he is armpit deep in Yogi and BooBoo.
Thinks that maybe by opening the area the bear could see what was going on and maybe they were always there but never felt secure coming into the house area.
who knows? they are just there this year.

Bears love sunflower seeds.

then again the DNR has placed signs all over the place and warned people about letting their pets run because of a large number of wolves that are now in the area. Maybe the wolves are picking off the feed the bear would get before and so they are more willing to take a chance.
He has seen wolf in his driveway and there are lots of tracks in the area.

I am planning on going back up in a few days to help with some construction so will be there for a while, maybe get some REAL closeups.
banana

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
pretty young and small.

Hopefully nobody shoots them for a couple years.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Looks like a litter to me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe it is mating season. Cubs are being run off and looking for there own territory. From the looks of these few they need to spread out a little bit.

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote