Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Coues Deer 2006
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CLIFT
posted
I just found out that I drew a New Mexico Deer tag for the Rifle season 11/11-15 in unit #27 in the Peloncillo Mountains. Has anyone gone on this hunt in this area? Please advise. Any local outfitters you would recommend?

Posts: 76 | Location: WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Go to http://www.coueswhitetail.com to find someone. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I belong to this site there are many people that can help you there.There site is from that area. Good luck thats a tough hunt.I hunted Mexico last year for the little Buggers.

Posts: 1458 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
blaser93

Amanda Moors, the gal who runs http://www.coueswhitetail.com, actually lives in Globe, AZ. She once was a biologist for the San Carlos Apache Reservation, which is where I first met her. But a lot of folks who hunt in NM hang out on the site, too.

I co-authored the "How to Hunt Coues Deer," book with Duwane Adams, an outfitter who owns Arizona Big Game Hunts. He doesn't hunt Coues in NM, though -- just AZ and Mexico.

I do know a couple outfitters & guides who work in NM but not well enough to recommend them to someone. I tend to avoid such unless I know how they run their business.

Who did you hunt with in Mex. and how did you do? -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drop me a pm. I've hunted down there and know some nice areas.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 934 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't mean to high jack the thread.

I hunted With El Halcon in Chihuahua . Had a grate time. I too a 94 3/8 buck ,but missed a 120 non typical.
I have talked with Amanda, she went to another place I am interested in Maybe next year.

Posts: 1458 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote