THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    WIN A HUNT/a very dear friend could use your help/GREAT RAFFLE ITEMS/info added

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WIN A HUNT/a very dear friend could use your help/GREAT RAFFLE ITEMS/info added
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
(Moderators: If this is the wrong forum, I apologize!)

A very close friend of our family could use your help right now. Myra is the editor of the local paper and an avid hunter -- and lives and loves to hunt dove, turkey, hogs and deer. She's volunteered time to guide youth hunters, dedicated countless hours to the area NWTF until recently giving that up and is a strong voice for the 2nd amendment. But she is facing a serious situation right now as she has recently been diagnosed with cancer (stage 4, I believe) that has spread to 3 parts of her body, including the liver. She in undergoing an aggressive form of treatment and -- thanks to a strong faith -- has remained amazingly postive. She could really use your prayers right now.

But she could also use some financial help as the expenses are far more than she can bear. There is a benefit set for this coming weekend to help defray treatment costs, and there are some great raflle items that some lucky individuals will win. I am posting a screenshot of the poster. With the event taking place Sunday, time is short for sending anything in the mail, but if someone wanted tickets or to make a donation, I will gladly give my paypal address and even pay the fees for the transaction. I can post a list of the prizes tomorrow and will provide any documentation for tickets, etc.

And if you are within driving distance of Shiner, Sunday promises to be a nice family outing that will benefit a wonderful individual...someone who's been there for my family when times were tough, just as she has been for many others in the past.

If you can't make it, I still would kindly ask for your prayers for Myra.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
anyone wanting tickets...I can get them for you, take a pic of the #s and then mail it all to you.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.
My mother-in law has breast cancer and it has spread to other parts of her body.

She is pretty strong,going on 82,you would not know it if you met her.

The young gal has a good outlook and looks to be strong as well.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
take a pic of the #s and then mail it all to you.

Please explain what is meant by your above statement. (I don't know what you mean by "take a pick of the numbers" and also don't know what you mean by "mail it all")
Please excuse my ignorance, because when I do donate and get a drawing ticket, it is usually one ticket and usually the entry is for a chance at one item out of all items in the drawing)
Thanks, Bob Nisbet

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Bob-I just meant that if anyone needed proof that I actually bought them a ticket, I can do it this way (a photo of the filled out ticket showing the #). And if anyone needed the actual ticket stub in hand (bottom portion w/ list of prizes), I'd mail it to them.

Otherwise, I just let them know their #s and will forward a list of winners after Sunday's benefit.

I've been around a while and am too diabled to run off even if I wanted, but I just wanted to establish some trust in case there were some who were iffy about sending $$ and/or buying raffle tickets through another individual.

There is still time if anyone is interested.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Bobby

Where do you want folks to send something?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Pm on the way, Louis. Thanks!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
You may also send donations to the address listed in Bobby's first post.

Bobby-As usual, you step up when it is needed!!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent your way Bobby.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
still time...and anyone from the forums who donates or buys tickets will get one of these. I will buy enough of these koozies from the benefit to send each donor one of these and then mail them next week.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

Hummmm? With my five tickets, I expect to win the turkey hunt and kill a gobbler with the .410 out of the custom blind then drive home using the Visa card for gasoline and chilling the bird in the Yeti cooler.

I'll pass on the cattle wormer, though.

Tell Myra that we're not just buying raffle tickets.... we're praying, too.!

Because: Faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7712 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Judge G. The power of prayer is truly remarkable, as our twin boys are perfect testament to.

That custom blind is going to be the "hot" item in the raffle. I have seen photos of it, and it would almost appear to be hurricane-proof. It is definitely well-made!

That Yeti cooler, too, is drawing lots of attention.

Now about the cattle wormer...are you saying that if you win the blind and I win the wormer, you don't want to trade? Wink

Thanks to all of you for the support you have shown for Myra!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take 5 tickets. PM on the way.
AB

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for making this benefit an overhelming success! WHile there were no winners drawn from AR, one of the Texas Predator Posse board members did win the Spring Turkey Hunt in Gonzales County. Thanks again for your support and helping a great friend!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I've purchased and will be sending out koozies from the benefit too all forum donors later this week. If I don't already ahve your address, please PM or email it to me.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news that the benefit went off as a success!!!

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote