New
Find
Notify
Tools

Venison marinade?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got my venison from the meat packer - What's your favorite marinade?

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
This is the marinade I use to make jerky if that interests you.

1 tsp salt
1/2 small onion
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup Lea & Perrins worchestershire sauce
1tsp Redhot cayenne sauce
1 Tbs Liquid smoke
1/8 tsp crushed Red Pepper
1 lb meat

combine all ingredients, except meat in blender, pour over meat and marinate in fridge for 6-12 hours.

I did use this for some left over meat that I fried up for a quick snack and it was delish. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
I can't remember the Brand name right off, but its a Chipolte Pepper marinade from the grocery store... Not to hot at all and is by FAR the best I have ever had on wild game, especialy pronghorn...

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
You can use Italian dressing by it's self or as a base to add to. The flavor in the meat is not strong at all. you can add Garlic, terriyaki, SoyVey or anything else to spice it up, but the straight Italian, is pretty good.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a spicey one we love;
Mix McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning[1 bottle]and enough olive oil to cover the meat. Cover, pop in the fridge for 24 hrs.
The broil, bake, crock pot or bread and fry, depending on the cut etc.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second the Montreal Steak Seasoning. There's a recepi on the bottle that I follow. Something like:

2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cut olive oil

This is per lbs meat. I normally marinade 24 hours or so and then put it on the grill. This works extremely well for beef as well.

-Lou

Posts: 333 | Location: Dallas, TX, USA | Registered: 15 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
soy sauce, red wine, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, sesame seeds, sesame oil, sugar. marinate for 1-5 days then bbq.

Posts: 211 | Location: MT | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Italian dressing and beer, works real well, and if you have some beer left...

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite for cutlets is kinkoman teriyaki sauce.Found with chinese items in grocery store.I like thin cuts, put in plastic container, with sauce.Put lid on container, shake well, put meat in hot frying pan.Serve with fried onion, and mashed garlic potatoes. wayne

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote