Find
Notify
Tools

Gator Gets Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted
Just what we need . . . more deer hunting competition!!!

Didn't that gator know it was bucks only season!!!

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YIKES--cool pic's--how were they taken from above like that. DAMN GLAD I WASN'T IN THE WATER--THAT BOY LOOKS BIG AND HUNGRY.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Think he hunted it, or did he score a roadkill/wounded/sick one?

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
This was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Cross Lake! (For those
of you who are not local, Cross Lake is in Shreveport, La.) That has to be
a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go
skiing on Cross Lake?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, because somewhere there is a true story, but this photo has been floating around the internet for quite awhile. There's been claims it was a crocadile in Africa, a crocadile in Australia, a camen in South America, an alligator in every southern state in the US. Who knows what else!

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'm not saying you're wrong, because somewhere there is a true story, but this photo has been floating around the internet for quite awhile. There's been claims it was a crocadile in Africa, a crocadile in Australia, a camen in South America, an alligator in every southern state in the US. Who knows what else!

I heard that the photographs were taken in Central Park and that the aligator had been living in the New York sewers for decades .

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Being a lifelong reptile nut, I can say it is an American Alligator, a right large one. Have seen a few (very few) that size on the St. Johns in Florida. They are ambush hunters, taking deer and hogs not at all uncommon.
That's a hell of a specimen.
Jason

Posts: 54 | Location: Washington, Georgia | Registered: 05 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
You can check it out at http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gatordeer.asp

Urban legends has a write up on it.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote