New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Sauen Jager
 Login/Join

<rman>
posted
I bought the rifle..it is from Ferlach(Franz Sodia) full engraved sideplates, set trigger and a Nickel 1.4x4 scope. It is in New condition, and very nice. Where are you from in Germany? I have done much hunting around Baden Baden and across the Rhein in the Hagenau Forest for pigs and roe deer. Is this a good rifle?

<Sauenj�ger>
posted
Hallo rman,

I am also in South Germany between Stuttgart and Munich. My favourite game is wild boar and some roe deer.
Ferlach is a village in Austria in which a lot of gunsmiths are working and merged to Ferlacher Jagdwaffen but still using their family names like Sodia, Hambrusch.... And this for more than 100 years now. The gunsmith Sodia I think does no more exist. At least Sodia is not mentioned on the website. But this is normal. The families can change from generation to generation.
The Ferlacher guns to be considered as one of the best especially for the combined guns. Regarding Blasers as an industrial and mainly machine manufactured gun, is Ferlach the place where the craftsman are making high grade guns more individual only in small series. Krieghoff is more like Blaser but a bit more traditional. Here in Germany the Ferlacher are better paid than the Krieghoff and much more than Blaser.
Some modern features may not be in this gun, but they are made in a good quality.
Dependend on the previos maintenance and cleaning you should be happy with.

They have also a web site but mainly written in German. www.ferlacherjagdwaffen.at
But there is something like a small forum in which you can ask something or try to contact direct the mentioned E mail address if you want to know more about Sodia. I do not have detailed info about Sodia.

In Germany we would say
Waidmannsheil with your new gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, the small families making guns are united in the "Ferlacher ???Genossenschaft" ( community ). The bigger companies - e.g. Sodia - are perhaps situated in Ferlach ( Austria, Carinthia, just south of Klagenfurt, near the Slowenian border ), but market their guns themselves.

I, too, could not find Sodia, Ferlach on the net, except for used gun offers. interesting, though ...

Have fun Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote