New
Find
Notify
Tools

Des Moines Gun Shops????
 Login/Join

<BigBore67>
posted
I am traveling through Des Moines, IA this week and was wondering if anyones if there are any good gun shops handling fine rifles or other fine guns.

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBore67:
I am traveling through Des Moines, IA this week and was wondering if anyones if there are any good gun shops handling fine rifles or other fine guns.

Thanks

The best - and it's not great - is JLM Shooters Supply at 10840 Douglas in Urbandale (west side of Des Moines). All depends on what you mean by fine guns.

Also look up Frontier Outfitting in the phone books if you are into new and normal stuff, but JLM has the best chance of showing you something nice, old, and with character. But DSM is not the mecca of gunnery.

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are headed east on I80 by any chance, stop at the Coral Ridge mall in Coralville and check out Scheel's all sports. they have quite a few guns on hand as well as a rare gun room, (big bucks), they also have a good selection of trophies on display

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote