New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iowa whitetail drawing results
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Results from the Iowa nonresident whitetail lottery were posted today. For the second year in a row I was lucky enough to be awarded a shotgun tag. Can't wait for december! I can't help but wonder if their license fee increase (now $545) coupled with the bad economy decreased the number of applicants.

Jason Johnson

Posts: 144 | Location: sw Michigan | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats. How did you do last year?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year I was lucky enough to shoot a 144" 9 point. The weather was COLD- high temps from the single digits to the teens with a couple days of gale force winds thrown in for good measure. I saw lots of deer but it was a real challenge to sit all day in those conditions. There is a picture of the me with the buck I harvested on page 93 of the Deer and Deer Hunting magazine Equipment issue which just came out!

Posts: 144 | Location: sw Michigan | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jason.

I drew 1st gun season as well. YEEEHAAWWWW!

Looking forward to Dec!!

I'm going to order some of the new Remington tipped slugs to see how they do in my 24" hastings bbl on my 1187.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote