THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    6.8 SPC ..anyone else hunt with one this yr?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.8 SPC ..anyone else hunt with one this yr?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted
Just wondering if anyone else out there was hunting with the 6.8 SPC. I took a nice 8 pt whitetail with it this year..at 75 yds..110 gr TSX out of a 15" TC Contender. Did a great job. 2" exit..tore up the insides.

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Josh, congratulations and welcome to the forum. I have not as yet used the 6.8, but am considering one. Appreciate the input relative to the effectivness.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Josh

Good Job, i would imagine that the 6.8spc would make a great deer round out to 200 plus yards in a rifle, and thats farther than most of us have to shoot. How far do you feel comfortable shooting with the pistol?

Posts: 498 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine took an antelope with the 6.8 SPC this season. Animal was taken at about 250 yds, after a memorable stalk head on towards the antelope in full view all the time.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote